Archive for March, 2010

Johnson’s hand is OK in Syracuse’s win over Gonzaga

Posted in 1 on March 22, 2010 by bobbybounce

Buffalo— So how’s that injured hand now?

“I think it’s fine now,” Wes Johnson replied with a smile.

Johnson, Syracuse’s 6-foot-7 junior forward, gave himself a clean bill of health after a 31-point effort in the Orange’s 87-65 victory over Gonzaga in the second round of the NCAA Tournament here at the HSBC Arena on Sunday.

Johnson hit 11 of his 16 field goal attempts, including 4-of-6 shots from 3-point range, in churning out his career-high 31 points.

Johnson also grabbed 14 rebounds and Syracuse improved to 12-0 when Johnson puts up a double-double.

The performance made it glaringly obvious how much an injured right hand had hampered Johnson in the final weeks of the regular season.

Johnson injured his hand, bruising the area between his thumb and forefinger, in Syracuse’s game against Connecticut on Feb. 10. Over Syracuse’s next five games, Johnson averaged 13.4 points, but more specifically, his shooting fell off. He went 19-for-63 (30.1 percent) in those five games.

“He couldn’t hold (the ball) really well,” Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said Sunday. “He could shoot, but it was sore.”

Johnson started feeling better after taking a cortisone shot the day after Syracuse played St. John’s on March 2. In the four games since then Johnson has averaged 22.7 points. He has shot 33-for-60 (55 percent) from the field and an astonishing 11-for-18 from 3-point range.

“He’s just getting back,” Boeheim said. “If he hadn’t had this injury, he would be up at an even higher level now than he is. He was playing at a really high level and he was getting better. That just took him right back down.

“He wasn’t able to do some things during the last three or four weeks that would have raised his game even more.”

Mark Few didn’t see Johnson when he was dealing with the injury, but the Gonzaga coach came away impressed with Johnson on Sunday.

“Seeing him live right now the way he’s able to shoot it,” Few said, “that turnaround he hit on us on the free-throw line over our extended hand was, you know, that’s what NBA lottery players do.”

Advertisements

Nas & Statik Selektah Live in Hawaii!

Posted in 1 on March 22, 2010 by bobbybounce

This past Friday, With DJ Statik Selektah on the wheels of steel, Nas performed in the 50th state. He runs through “Hip Hop Is Dead”, “N.Y State of Mind” and “It Ain’t Hard To Tell”. Only thing better than that is getting lei’d!

Heather B. Returns With DJ Premier For ‘Open Bar’

Posted in 1 on March 22, 2010 by bobbybounce

DJ Premier will assist Heather B in ending an 8-year album drought by executive-producing her new LP, Open Bar.

Heather B’s last project was 2002’s Eternal Affairs. With production from Pete Rock and DJ Premier, the album met with positive reviews despite not charting on Billboard.

Since then, Heather diversified her portfolio with appearances in commercials, and running a successful business out of the New York metropolitan area.

Although Open Bar is just her third studio album, Heather B has been in the entertainment industry well over 10 years, receiving her first national exposure as a cast member of the original MTV Real World season in 1992.

In 1996, she partnered with Boogie Down Productions for her debut Takin’ Mine, which delivered two regional hits in “All Glocks Down” and “If Headz Only Knew.”

She cites these experiences as the reason her current music is more confident, and immune to the pressures of confirming to today’s image-driven expectations of female rappers.

“When I first came out, I felt like I had to do it and now I want to do it because I’m grown and my music is coming from a sincere and confident place,” Heather explained to AllHipHop.com. “I’m not concerned with any trends or industry misconceptions; I want to put out some good music.”

While Premier is handling the new project’s direction, two other confirmed producers are Pete Rock and Kenny Parker.

The latter is behind on the boards on Open Bar’s lead single “The Game Don’t Stop,” which Heather uses to make a statement on the importance of creative, well-executed Hip-Hop.

“’The Game Don’t Stop’ answers all those questions that people have asked me and what I’ve questioned myself. What the end result of it all is, it doesn’t matter, Quality matters,” she declared.

Open Bar is tentatively scheduled for a May release.

Jeff and susanne trip to baltimore! 8/08 (flashback)

Posted in 1 on March 21, 2010 by bobbybounce

Trip to see the yankees play!
Shout out to my bro and his wife.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG! (march 9th) R.I.P.

Posted in BobbyBounce on March 9, 2010 by bobbybounce

Damn I miss you BIG!!!!! Its been over 13 years and these Still niggas can’t Fuck wit you!!! NOBODY!!! BIG Forever!!! Let’s go!

Saigon Breaks Free From Atlantic Records, “[Now] I’m Gonna Play The Game By My Rules”

Posted in BobbyBounce on March 7, 2010 by bobbybounce

New York rapper Saigon has reportedly won his freedom and worked out an agreement to officially part ways with Atlantic Records after being under contract for nearly four years.

According to the “Yard Father,” he came to an agreement with the label which allowed him to retain his mastered version of his music recorded at the label.

“I just got my release from Atlantic yesterday, literally,” he said in an interview last week. “I got my release, a good release, a fair release from the record company yesterday and moving forward, I’m not gonna position myself to be somebody’s artist to where they can just have me sitting around and not putting out music — I’m gonna play the game by my rules. That’s what I meant when I said I was quitting — I was quitting playing it their way, I’m doing it my way from now on. I love hip-hop…I own my masters now, I own Greatest Story Never Told, I own the masters. it was worth the wait…I’ve been trying to leave Atlantic since ’06. It’s the contract you sign [that’s so difficult.] The contract is 82 pages long.” (Soul Culture)
He recently said contractual obligations kept himself and producer Just Blaze on Atlantic.

“We still on Atlantic man, we just getting out of there,” Sai said in an interview. “Still on Atlantic bro, that’s the thing. They the real paper gangsters man. Everyone talking about, ‘They still won’t let me out my contract,’ you play with them, you deal with some serious dudes. Nah, we didn’t get off, we just tried to fake it. But it wasn’t working, that’s why I laid low for a minute, I was gonna try to disappear off the radar ’cause they don’t wanna see you go up the street being successful so they just hold you in with the paperwork. They just sent over the papers for the release but the conditions are kinda iffy, because they like ‘We spent this and this kind of money,’ so they want when I go somewhere else, to pay them…Until they come back with something decent — then we gonna keep it moving.”
However, Blaze later responded to Sai’s Atlantic accusations and claims with a different perspective.

“I Dont do publicity stunts,” Just wrote. “And I don’t fake things for public perception. That devalues my word to the people when I’m speaking on something real. What’s done is done at this point, but I don’t play that game. Faking being off of a label would not help anyone at the end of the day…What I look like faking label releases? Come on man. I stick by my ppl whenever I can, even to my detrmnt but don’t have me looking crazy!! Let me clarify. I was a bit aggy when I woke up.. To my knowledge Atlantic agreed to release Sai. But there were probably terms that had yet to be resolved. I know it took a second for the agreement to be put in place as far as being able to walk with the masters, but there were probably other terms that still needed to be renegotiated. Probably point overrides and buyout fees. That was the last I heard. Apparently that end of it still isn’t done I guess? I was never involved with that part of the situation really. When Sai said that I think he wasn’t really thinking about te context and it probably just came out a little wrong. All the more reason we gotta be careful when talking to the folks with cameras. All is good tho. I just dint like waking up to headlines like “just blaze lied!!!”. Back to destroying and rebuilding. Good day all.” (Just Blaze’s Twitter)
Sai previously said he was on the verge of signing with G-Unit Records in the past.

“Sha Money XL introduced me to 50 early in his career,” Saigon revealed in an interview. “We sat down and chopped it up. I was actually G-Unit’ed out at one point. I was running around screaming that sh*t and all that. Like ‘G-Unit n*gga!’ ’cause me and Fif chopped it up…But we had a falling out, we both Cancers — so as far as us being alpha-males, it’s hard to co-exist around that n*gga. A lot of times it’s his way or the highway. We kinda bumped heads, early.

Wu-Massacre Collector’s Cover: Method Man

Posted in BobbyBounce on March 4, 2010 by bobbybounce

On March 30th, choose your poision with one of three special edition covers. Illustration by Chris Bachalo. Art direction by Alex Haldi. Pick it up soon! Raekwon released the best hip hop album of 2009 & Ghost released one one of the dopest albums of 2009 too.

Now they’re about to do it again, but this time with Meth…..

All you Wacka Flocka, Lil Wayne bulshit fans….fall the fuck back………